Altamira Technologies has a long and successful history providing innovative solutions throughout the U.S. National Security community. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Altamira serves the defense, intelligence and homeland security communities worldwide by focusing on creating innovative solutions leveraging common standards in architecture, data and security. Altamira believes that our people and the culture of our company differentiate us from other companies.
We focus on recruiting talented, self-motivated employees that strive to find a way to get things done. Join our team of experts as we engineer national security!
Altamira is searching for a IT Specialist (Intern/Co-Op) in Dayton, OH.
- Provide support for a growing business and emerging IT infrastructure.
- Responding to corporate IT helpdesk tickets.
- Supporting local and remote users.
- Installing software on Windows, Linux, and MacOS based machines.
- Assisting with employee infrastructure.
- Employee workstation/laptop configuration.
- Employee accounts / active directory.
- Assisting with corporate IT infrastructure.
- Servers (combination of windows and Linux).
- Share drives.
- Telephony equipment.
- Videoconference facilities.
- Assisting with hardware and software procurement and inventory Management.
- Assisting with and following Information Systems Security Programs, System Security Plans (SSPs), Security Policies, and Procedures.
- Basic systems administration of classified systems.
Altamira is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- 2+ years of expertise in a windows desktop environment.
- Must be able to work independently and have good customer interaction skills.
- Ability to support corporate helpdesk functions.
- Systems: Windows & Mac (required), Linux (desired), Cisco (desired).
- 1+ years of Active Directory and Windows File Server expertise.
- 1+ Experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS) on Linux.
- Experience in setup and management of kickstart services for building out workstations for windows.
- Experience with setup and configuration of Exchange Mail.
- Ability to troubleshoot Linux based systems and recovery.
- Understanding of MacOS based services to include provisioning with OSX server.
- Mac System administration.
- Expertise with Virtualized Desktops and thin clients.
- Supporting WiFi for office environments.
- Expertise in KVM virtualized environments.
- US Citizen, security clearance preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: desired CompTIA Security+, desired MCSE, desired RHCA.